Health & Safety
An overview of our Health & Safety Commitments
While we strive for maximum productivity and quality in our work, health & safety practices are at the forefront of our thinking.
We are constantly adapting to our environment and responsibilities to deliver a safe work place for both clients and staff.
We promote awareness and understanding of Health and Safety through:
- Communicating changes to legislation
- Identifying leadership roles and responsibilities
- Outlining policies and procedures at formal meetings
- Encouraging communication and active participation in the plan
- Health and Safety awareness training such as first aid and hazard identification
- Pre-employment and random drug & alcohol testing
Statement of Commitment to Health & Safety
Max Contracts Limited are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for everyone using the premises or sites as a place of work or visiting. As Management, we accept responsibility to:
- Establish health and safety objectives and performace criteria for all managers and work areas
- Annually review health and safety objectives and manager's performance
- Encourage accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries
- Investigate all reported incidents and injuries to identify all contributing factors and, where appropriate, formulate plans for corrective actions
- Actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort
- Provide treatment and rehabilitation plans that ensure a safe, early and durable return to work
- Ensure that all workers are made aware of the hazards in their work areas and are adequatley trained so they can carry out their duties in a safe manner
- Ecourage worker consulation and participation in all health and safety matters
- Allow workers to elect health and safety representatives
- Ensure that all ocntractors and subcontractors are actively managing health and safety for themselves and their workers
- Promote a system for continuous improvement, including annual review of policies and procedures
- Meet the obligations of HSWA 2015 – Duties of Workers Section 45 (a) – (d) and Duties of other persons at workplace Section 46 (a)-(c)
- Every worker is expected to share in the commitment to health and safety.
- Every Manager, Supervisor and Foreperson is accountable to the employer for the health and safety of workers working under their direction.
- Each worker is expected to help maintain a safe and healthy workplace through:
- Full disclosure of any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries
- Following all safe work procedures, rules and instructions
- Properly using all safety equipement and clothing provided
- Early reporting of any pain or discomfort
- Taking an active role in the company's treatment and rehabilitation plan, for their "early and durable for work"
- Reporting all incidents, injuries and hazards to the appropriate person.
The Health and Safety Committee includes a representative from senior management. The Committee is responsbile for implementing, monitoring, reviewing and planning health and safety polices, systems and practices.
Managing Director, David Mc Sorley